Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties Privacy Notice
Updated policy: Effective on September 1, 2016
1. The Purpose of the Privacy Notice
This privacy notice describes how Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties ("MBA") collects and uses your personal information (“Privacy Notice”). MBA values your business and we take all reasonable means to protect your personal information. We provide this Privacy Notice to ensure you understand what personal information we collect, how we use that information and how you can maintain control over our use of your information. The Privacy Notice applies to all users of MBA’s website and every entity that provides any personal information to MBA. It is not necessary for you to be a member of MBA to receive the protections in this Privacy Notice.
2. Personal Information We Collect
Throughout the Privacy Notice, “personally identifiable information” (“PII”) means any information that can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Examples of personal information MBA collects include:
- Your first and last name, in combination with your address, telephone number, photograph, email address, biometric data or other information that can used to identify you individually
- Your financial account information or billing information, purchase history, account information and delivery instructions
- Applications for memberships, events and programs sponsored by MBA or its affiliates or partners, scholarships, contests or other MBA benefits
- Demographic information or other PII provided by third party market analysis firms, service providers or affiliated organizations or businesses
- Information that may be automatically collected and entered into our system logs when you access our websites or applications, including information about your computer or other electronic devices such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other identifiers, browser type, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, and operating system and date and time of access.
3. How We May Use Your PII
You may determine how we distribute and use your PII. For example, if you use PII such as your full name and home address in the business profile you create with MBA, you may limit or completely “opt-out” of including your PII in the public membership directory. Instructions on how to alter or delete any part of your PII are in the “Management of Your PII” section, below.
The PII we collect is necessary for MBA to conduct our business and to respond to you in a manner consistent with our contractual relationship with you. For example, we use your PII to:
- Determine your eligibility for membership in MBA
- Create opportunities to network and collaborate with other members who offer services or products that complement your business by reviewing information you provided on “shared sheets” (the “Service”)
- Send product updates, recalls or safety issues
- Respond to service requests.
However, MBA reserves the right to send certain communications to members and other entities with which it has existing business relationships. MBA may send you communications relating to the Service, announcements and administrative messages, without obtaining your permission to send them. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you may opt-out by following the instructions in section 6 of this Privacy Notice.
4. Information Sharing
Except as provided for in this Privacy Notice, we do not disclose your PII to third parties without your consent. Throughout the Privacy Notice, “third party” or “third parties” means any entity that is not a:
- Contractor, business partner, employee, officer or member of MBA
- Provider of benefit services.
We may also, in certain instances, disclose your PII when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to:
- Identify or contact you to advise you of a product recall or other safety issue
- Detect and protect you or us from fraud or theft
- Manage information security
- Bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights of MBA or others.
- Comply with your written request that we share your PII
- Comply with a court order, subpoena, warrant or law.
5. Why MBA Shares Your PII with Third Parties
MBA shares membership lists and your PII with third parties that provide benefits to MBA members or administrative tasks. These third parties are solely links in the distribution chain, and are not permitted to store, retain, or use the information provided except for purposes stated in this Policy Notice or in their contracts with MBA. MBA may rely on third parties to operate its internet, intranet, email, websites and provide storage and processing services (“Web Properties”). We obtain appropriate contractual and technical protections to limit third parties’ use and disclosure of your PII.
6. Management of Your PII: Access, Update, Correct, or Opt-Out
If your PII changes, or if you want to limit contact to specific programs or services, you may correct, update, amend, delete and remove your PII by:
- Revising the PII on our member information page
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to manage your PII within 10-14 days.
Customers can opt out of being contacted by us by following the opt-out instructions located in the e-mails we send you, by changing your privacy settings in the Service, or by contacting us at any time by:
- Email at: email@example.com
- Telephone (425.451.7920)
- Regular mail addressed to: Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties, Attn: Security Administrator, 335 116th Avenue SE, Bellevue, WA 98004.
7. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
8. Links to Other Websites
Our Web Properties include links to other websites that have privacy practices different from this Privacy Notice. If you submit PII to any of those sites, your information is governed by the privacy notices as set forth in those websites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement or notice of any website you visit through a link on MBA’s website.
When MBA collects personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your PII to employees who need that information to provide benefits or services to you. As indicated above, third parties that access your PII must meet MBA’s security standards. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however MBA requests that you safeguard your account with us by installing software updates, accessing your account only from secured networks and maintaining the confidentiality of your account to protect the privacy of other members. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your PII is absolutely secure. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to make a purchase from us, you must use our shopping cart provider to finalize and pay for your order. Its privacy statement and security practices will also apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
10. Additional Policy Information
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others, including members of the public who access those postings. You are responsible for maintaining the security of the PII you post in blogs and community forums.
11. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, with jurisdiction in the Courts of King and Snohomish Counties, Washington, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
12. Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
You must be at least 13 years old to register to use our web site. MBA does not target its offerings toward, and does not knowingly collect any personal information from users under 13 years of age. We will promptly delete any PII that we learn was provided by a user under 13 years of age.
13. Notification of Privacy Notice Changes
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address identified in your account) and/or posting a conspicuous notice on our Web Properties. If we make material changes, we will notify you of those changes prior to their effective date. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If you do not want MBA to contact you or use your PII under the terms of the new policy, you can opt-out.
14. Contact Information
Questions regarding this Policy or the practices concerning our Web Properties should be directed to the MBA’s Security Administrator by email to email@example.com, telephone or regular mail addressed to Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties, Attn: Security Administrator, 335 116th Avenue SE, Bellevue, WA 98004.