An environmentally friendly green building certification program created for Puget Sound area homebuyers and those remodeling their homes, Built Green® is designed for residents who want to preserve the health of our Northwest environment. The Master Builders Association, in partnership with King County and Snohomish counties, established Built Green to provide consumers with an easy-to-understand rating system that quantifies environmentally friendly building practices.
The Built Green program rewards the use of premium-quality building materials and practices that exceed local building code requirements, thereby enhancing your home's performance and value. Built Green homes can provide greater comfort and health, higher energy efficiency, increased durability and the satisfaction of knowing you are protecting the environment now and in the future. Built Green programs exist for new homes, remodels, multi-family developments and communities. Built Green homes can:
- Qualify you for special mortgage rates through many lenders and make you eligible for tax incentives;
- Save you 10 to 40 percent in utility costs through clean, quiet energy saving systems and appliances;
- Eliminate sources of indoor air pollution;
- Improve soil and storm water management; and
- Lower maintenance costs through the use of longer lasting materials.
For more information, visit BuiltGreen.net.